Our client is Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) at Ashoka University which was set up through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They are looking to engage with an individual with experience in managing day-to-day activities of an experimental research facility, a basic understanding of experiments and sound stakeholder management skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Calendar management of all studies and participants, managing all cash payments, recruitment of participants, maintaining lab equipment and computers, managing the subject pool, enforcing lab policies, managing the lab budget, hiring and managing research assistants.
● The Lab Manager will be responsible for enforcing adherence to IRB procedures, liaise with the IRB to ensure compliance with research procedures, monitor and submit all IRB protocols and correspondences. Manage and properly document participant crisis management.
● Advertise for and recruit research participants in a manner consistent with strict IRB protocols; maintain and grow the existing respondent database. Perform outreach with participants regarding the week’s studies, manage daily participant inquiries, and liaise between researchers and participants to resolve any concerns.
● Organize research meetings, prepare progress reports, and oversee research schedules within the lab.
● Liaise with researchers to assess evolving research needs and spearhead initiatives to meet those needs
● Liaise with the research team to oversee the technical and network requirements and the licensing of new software to meet these needs.
● Train research assistants, co-develop and launch skill-building workshops for faculty, postdocs and PhD students
● Manage all aspects of event planning for workshops, research symposia and new researcher orientations.
● Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum of 3-5 years of project-management or related experience required.
● Overall the Lab Operations Manager needs to possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with students, faculty and other lab members
● ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, and familiarity with lab settings.
● Must be diligent and precise with strong attention to detail. Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced environment. Must be proficient in MS Office.
● Experience working with research subjects and IRB protocols preferred..