Our client, a leading social impact consulting firm, through the Revive Alliance, aims to offer products and services that will help improve the incomes and livelihoods of 10m workers and micro-entrepreneurs. To enable this they are focusing on specific industries that generate the maximum employment including textiles/apparel, ecommerce, creator economy etc.
They are looking for specialists who can help define the products and interventions that will have a maximum impact given these goals. These speclialists are needed in Financial Inclusion space.
A core element of the Revive solution set is around providing access to financial services (e.g., credit, banking, insurance, etc) to the base of pyramid (BOP) households. They are looking for a Senior Advisor who brings 25+ years of experience in NBFCs and/or Microfinance to guide them on crafting the right products as well as strategies to distribute them to the target groups.
The role will involve:
1. Provide insight and guidance to help craft the overall strategy for financial inclusion
2. Provide input on specific product constructs, with a focus on what would the beneficiaries value most
3. Help understand the potential risks and identify processes that could help mitigate
4. Help with introductions to potential partners who can help develop and/or deliver and distribute on the offering
5. Share insights that can help improve and fast-track implementation timelines e.g., the capacity building needed
6. Provide input on metrics to track and targets for the next couple of years
- 15+ years of relevant experience in financial services with a focus on NBFCs, and/or microfinance
- Prior experience on projects associated with financial inclusion is expected
- Experience with managing multi-stakeholder projects across donors (multilateral/bilateral/foundations) and the private sector will be beneficial
- Experience with distribution channels for financial services to BOP households with an understanding around last mile challenges.