RTI Global is looking for a Consultant – Technical Writer to provide publications support to ensure the quality of documents produced for external and internal clients, including reports, proposals, journal articles, presentation materials, guidelines documents, newsletters, and annual reports.
Essential Duties: -
• Edit complex technical reports for heavy reorganization and rewriting as required, with attention to grammar, style, format, and consistency using appropriate style guide or prior knowledge of client’s requirements or preference.
• Plan, develop schedule, and coordinate complex, high-end deliverables.
• Operate with high degree of flexibility and versatility to take on heavy workload.
• Provide backup for Publications Manager and perform duties of Task or Team Leader working directly with clients and contribute to development of technical solutions for business development purposes.
• Lead and coordinate development and/or production of large, complex reports, handbooks, manuals, or publication series.
• Contribute to organization’s strategic planning initiatives. Write or assemble new material from client-supplied information. Build and manage client relationships.
• Provide expert communications and publications advice to RTI staff and external clients.
• Research and write documents, publications, and articles as needed. Prepare publication production estimates and manage multiple activities or projects with competing deadlines.
• Develop operating procedures and systems as needed & oversee preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
• Assign and direct project-specific work of other production staff as needed.
• Assist in interviewing applicants and making hiring recommendations and proactively address production and process problems.
• May provide training and orientation to new staff.
#This is a contractual role for 6 month which might get converted into a full-time employment basis performance and mutual understanding.
• Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field or experience with 6 years of experience.
• Fluent in reading, writing, listening and communicating in English
• Experience in Public Health domain will be desirable
• Advanced knowledge of principles, terminology, and methodology of technical editing and/or writing document organization and style guides and/or other writing conventions.
• Effective communication skills, required for providing diplomatic and constructive comments to clients, providing project leadership on publications teams, and developing and maintaining strong client base.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Advanced knowledge of grammar and punctuation rules.
• Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and a high level of professional integrity
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other RTI staff, and vendors.