Communications Consultant will work seamlessly with RTI India’s Business Development team based in New Delhi and RTI International’s Communications Team based out of the Head Office in North Carolina, USA. This Consultant shall support groups and individuals across RTI India to develop and disseminate news and information concerning organizational profile, projects, research accomplishments, thought leadership, service offerings, and capabilities to both internal and external audiences.
• Research, write and edit content for marketing and external communications including but not limited to the RTI website, policy briefings, white papers, external news releases, brochures, social media messaging, pitch presentations and e-mails, blog posts, infographics and video scripts
• Research, write and edit copy for internal communications, including executive talking points and internal news announcements
• Coordinate production and distribution of content to reach clients, partners, news media, and other key audiences
• Coordinate with internal communication team in the US, the internal BD and sector teams in India and external PR agencies to manage content for the organization’s external web presence and online and offline media outreach (through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships across RTI India to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, events, capabilities and services
• Collaborate with media relations, social media, internal communications, and other Home Office and global teams to support and implement comprehensive, robust content and communications plans
• Support communications planning and rollout for various RTI-wide and organization-specific changes, initiatives and programs
• Manage communication timelines and provide support for wider communications campaigns
• Coordinate content writing and reviews with subject matter experts throughout the organization, as appropriate
• Ensure that all communication (including proposals, concept notes, presentations etc.) meet quality and creative standards while staying true to the RTI brand, values and voice
• Think strategically and participate in creative concept building/ conceptualizing across a wide range of digital and offline media
• Propose innovative approaches to developing content, engagement building and visibility enhancing activities for the organisation
• Keep abreast of emerging online, offline and content strategy trends through relevant blogs, professional memberships, events, and training opportunities.
Candidatess will need to submit some examples of prior work and may have to undertake a short assignment as part of the selection process.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including interpersonal, correspondence, personal, telephonic and electronic means
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience and Knowledge of B2B social media trends and platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and blogs
• Ability to quickly understand and summarize published studies, technical, and/ or scientific reports into crisply written news releases
• Ability to write engaging internal announcements on subjects ranging from office procedures to staff member accomplishments
• Ability to write engaging web content, feature stories and other marketing materials
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.