Our client, a leading Japanese education company, is looking to engage with a senior consultant to help assess the potential to enter the Indian market for a monthly subscription-based home-delivery package for pre-school children.
The consultant will be supported by an analyst and will be expected to drive the following
1. Oversee and drive basic research of the Indian landscape involving
- Market sizing of the pre-school and primary age group and the growth potential by region, income and language
- Research on major players and the parenting environment
- Channel, pricing and promotion strategy of the competitor's products
- List of future potential partners
2. Create a hypothesis of the Go-to-market strategy involving
- Demographics of the target customer audience and rationale for choosing to focus on specific segments
- Value addition to current products and services, key points of differentiation versus competitors
- Strategies involving Sales channels, Pricing strategy , Marketing approaches
3. Develop a basic business case and outline potential for the business over the next 3-5 years
Survey methods involve desktop research, research of competitors, expert interviews, quantitative/qualitative surveys.
There will be regular weekly meetings and a final report needs to be submitted at the end of the project.
1. Deep experience of conducting market assessments and developing market entry strategies
2. Experience in overseeing market research and deriving marketing hypothesis will be a definite plus
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Strong knowledge of statistics will be a plus
5. Ability to interpret research findings for multiple audiences
6. Ability to creatively solve business problems, innovating new approaches where required
7. Knowledge of the education space in India either as an entrepreneur or an investor will be a plus