Our Client, a leading Venture Capital firm, is looking to engage with a Climate Impact and Partnerships Lead to work closely with the investment team to drive climate impact frameworks, measurement, reporting and communication.
- Supporting the firm in the further development and implementation of its climate and sustainability impact strategy at both firm and portfolio company level
- Supporting Investment teams in the integration of key climate considerations and relevant SDG criteria into their investment and portfolio engagement processes
- Engage with Investment teams to support pre-investment due diligence, specifically around climate impact of potential investees
- Identifying the key levers of growth, climate impact, and sustainability and formulate, implement and track metrics for the same
- Formulate and implement compliance and reporting framework for climate impact, commensurate to the size of the organization, at both firm and portfolio company level
- Develop and deliver on measurement and reporting systems, in line with international standards and guidelines
- Conducting industry benchmarking and research
- Identifying and showcasing successful practices and initiatives across the portfolio companies
- Working alongside the leadership team in forging, maintaining and leveraging Partnerships in the Climate and sustainability ecosystem, across stakeholders in corporates, policy, and knowledge and thought leadership
- Create and drive internal and external stakeholder communication around Climate impact
(Note: This is a 12 month project which would require your full time availability in hybrid mode.)
- 6-10 years of experience and some relevant work experience in a reputed professional services firm, corporate, policy body, or development institution.
- Experience with impact, climate and sustainability, and/or ESG is a must. Should be familiar with measurement and reporting standards.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from imperfect data
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to work across teams
- Highly motivated, self-starter, proactive, with a strong orientation towards learning
- A network of industry peers, relevant industry/policy bodies, associations, and advisors would be preferable