Our client, an innovation led global pharmaceutical company is looking for an MIS Analyst in the Finance Functions sector who can help them support all finance activities for R&D operations within India, including budget process, cost control and analysis, evaluate outsourcing strategy, define milestones for R&D project and build processes to track them closely, building business models, discussion with distributors / partners as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. In alignment with BBL strategy and objectives and in accordance with Corporate
Finance guidelines; define, standardize, implement, monitor and continually
improve India business budgeting process and related activities, ensuring proper
review and decision making. This includes, for example:
o Budget modelling, forecasting and review
o Budget follow-up, monitoring and reporting
o Budgeting policies and procedures
o Budget presentation
o Budgeting KPIs, tools/systems
2. Analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash
management) to ensure all operations in region are within budget.
3. Lead and drive cost analysis and control, ensuring cost-effectiveness and
competitiveness of all activities. This includes, for example:
o Seeking opportunities for improvement, monitoring implementation and
o Implementing relevant KPIs, tools and systems.
3. Closely interact with other Business functions to ensure effective contribution to
4. Actively participate to business activities and projects, proactively advising and
supporting all Business Leaders whenever appropriate and needed.
5. Identify and implement process improvement/automation to reduce manual
intervention, improve the accuracy of transaction accounting and review PR/PO
transactions to ensure accuracy and adequacy of data capture for all R&D
transactions (partner with BRM).
6. Prepare quarterly settlement sheet for partners (Mylan, Sandoz), address any
partners query, provide relevant inputs and to secure timely remittance from
partners for their share of the spend.
7. To participate in JDC/JMC and JFC meeting and provide relevant inputs/clarifications pertaining to finance.
8. Participate in vendor shortlisting, review contracts & negotiate commercial terms.
NOTE: This project might go upto 3-5 years and is on-site in Bangalore.
1. Proven work experience as a Finance Business Partner for a Manufacturing
2. Hands-on experience with accounting software - SAP.
3. Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and
4. Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis.
5. Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations.