An impact investment firm is helping a state government in a wage employment initiative. The scheme is being administered via the provision of temporary employment of labour towards the building of public infrastructures and intends to run till September. Our client wants to engage with a consultant who can help them in measuring the efficiency of this project.
Key deliverables include -
1. Determine the efficacy of the program to decipher whether employment was generated and the intended audience was reached (urban poor).
2. Evaluate on the basis of secondary research and structured sampling- from municipal corporations and municipalities
3. Capture landscape summary of projects operating under the scheme across parameter like, nature of work, number of citizens employed, number of person days of work, etc.
4. Review existing data and documents, interview stakeholders, conduct targeted
surveys of stakeholders and beneficiaries to draw insights
5. Determine the extent to which assets were created and maintained in the urban areas and the degree of engagement of community institutions
6. Document best practices as case studies and challenges as issues for further discussions with the stakeholders
7. Prepare a preliminary evaluation Report, with inputs from the state government
8. Synthesize a high quality summary presentation to present the findings from the study.
This project would require 8 weeks of full time, remote support
- Prior experience in the development sector is a must. Hands on experience in secondary research is a must
- Experience in scheme analysis would be a plus
- Excellent analysis and report synthesizing skills
- Strong interpersonal kills and ability to interact with stakeholders
- Prior experience on Government projects wold be a plus