The client is looking to bring on board the Head of E-Commerce business. The consultant will be responsible for creating the vision and scaling up the e-commerce & omni channel business at Metro Brands.
- Develops and leads a strategic e-commerce plan for the company together with the MD & CEO and Board of Directors by ensuring alignment with the retail business, brand approach, etc.
- Owns Ecommerce strategy development and stakeholder buy-in – including annual budget planning, development of product range and digital roadmap, and Monthly strategic reviews.
- To revamp the current own brand website and omnichannel strategy and ensure 30% of sales are from the brand.com websites by expanding the product portfolio, driving traffic, technology adoption and leveraging and digitising the wide store network
- Ensures the smooth execution of the business plan by delivering the P&L goals in terms of revenue and profitability while transforming the business based on the long-term vision
- Sets up the most effective strategies and processes for the e-commerce business in order to reduce complexity and increase efficiency through close cooperation with critical stakeholders of the company
- Leverage the current store presence to reduce friction and drive omnichannel sales.
- Work closely with brand marketing and creative team on optimized social media creative and marketplace ads with optimal ROAS (to vary by platform and by campaign/launch vs evergreen programs).
- Act as strategic partner and internal digital agency to support go-to-market plans and extend brand campaigns/initiatives across our digital marketing channels.
- Partner with brand marketing to develop overall integrated marketing campaign calendar that works well in digital.
- Responsible for retail website strategy, including the P&L, overall experience, content/messaging, navigation/functionality, SEO/SEM and optimization based on analytics (GA or other).
- Develop robust analytics/dashboard for retail website and a dashboard for other website properties to manage performance and relevance.
- Cultivate digital fitness for ecommerce and leverage the same across organisation, digital education, and best practice sharing.
- Work closely with IT to ensure our web experience drives conversion. Should be up to date with best in class ecommerce technologies.
- Responsible for managing the whole customer experience regarding ecommerce business including user experience, product availability, on-time delivery, and customer complaint management.
- Quality and development of the Ecommerce customer experience – including both digital and in store.
- Working in coordination with other departments heads – especially Digital Technology, Marketing, Sales, procurement, and Customer Service
- Attract, hire and retain top level digital talent.
The project is 3-6 months long and requires full time capacity.
- good understanding of current ecommerce trends and technologies
- strong analytical skills and a fluency in emerging trends in the digital economy
- must be sales focused, data-driven and ROI-motivated
- proven track record of attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining "A" talent.