Our client - a global manufacturer of confectionery products is keen to drive a more fundamentally innovative approach to its product portfolio and go-to-market strategies in India; as part of this, the company is keen to explore disruptive themes and approaches to determine product choices, packaging, channel and marketing strategies for 2 of its core segments - Fruity confectionery and Chocolates.
The senior consultant will quarterback the project, drive expert conversations, and guide the associate who will be supporting him.
1. Supervise undertaking of targeted secondary research
- Review industry reports, track performance of new brands/products/startups
- Identify new trends and themes e.g., what's driving DTC
- Problem-solve with the client and prioritize innovation areas
- Gather and synthesize Inputs from Subject Matter Experts
2. Gather and synthesize Inputs from Subject Matter Experts
-Identify, connect with 15+ experts across fields for deep-dive subject matter calls
-Test emerging hypotheses with experts
- Crowdsource out of the box ideas
3. Crowdsource out of the box ideas
-Obtain innovative ideas on the product, merchandising, etc., by tapping into the creative problem-solving abilities of those outside the organization. This will involve framing the challenge question, curating the right cohorts, keeping them engaged, and obtaining relevant ideas
-Example communities include (a) Top design school students/alumni (consumer thinking) (b) Cross-section of chefs, bakers, dessert experts on product ideas
4, Synthesize emerging hypotheses on the high priority areas identified
- Prioritize areas requiring focus by reviewing ideas across sources – experts, research and crowdsourced pool
- Develop a rough sense of importance, size of the potential for the top ideas
- Experience of working in a top-tier firm is preferred
- Prior experience in the Food, FMCG space.
- The candidate must possess strong Project Management Skills
- Soft Skills that the candidate should possess include- Collaboration, Influencing without Authority, Attention to Details and Strong Follow through