A Climate Tech Company
Mumbai / Navi Mumbai, Delhi / NCR, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad
Posted on: 6/01/2023
Starts on: 22/01/2023
Strategy and Business Development
Strategy development, Business planning processes, Program Management Support (PMO),
Environmental Services & Equipment
Our client, a Climate Tech start-up, is looking to engage with an ESG Consultant.
Scope of work
● Analysis to be conducted:
a. Ecosystem in climate compliance value chain - Demand centers with the ability to pay by potential customers, key participants in the value chain and commitments, Geographical spread
b. Major global standards for climate compliance for manufactured products, both
regulatory and voluntary (Definition or What is it and comparison across these,
list of companies providing and helping with certifications)
c. For steel manufacturing in UAE supplying to the EU, what are the regulations
and compliances incl. Financial implications of non-compliance, cost-benefit
analysis (premium vs cost of decarb)
● Focus area
a. Industry: Heavy Industries (e.g., Steel, Aluminium, Chemicals, Utilities)
b. Geography: India, Middle East, Europe, South East Asia, North Asia (Japan and S Korea)
● Nature of delivery
a. Research and Analysis (Heavy lifting) from multiple publications
b. Minor modeling (cost-benefit analysis) - support will be provided
- Overview document of play along the Sustainability value chain and key participants.
- Case studies on what and how to get the compliance
- Case studies on voluntary commitments (e.g., SBTi, CDP, Responsible Steel, etc.) or production accreditations (e.g., European Accreditations for CBAM)
- Detailed step-by-step requirements for supplying steel from UAE to EU
- Cost-benefit analysis (Expected premium vs expected Decarb costs) of supplying steel for UAE and Turkey steel exporters to the EU
- Calendar events for sustainability events (e.g., COP 28, etc.) and sector specifics (for Heavy Industries (e.g., Responsible Steel, Steelzero, etc.) with typical agenda and participants, criteria to participate.
- Research and Analysis (Heavy lifting) from multiple publications.
This project requires remote support for the duration of 1 month.
1. A Masters's/ Doctoral degree in Environmental Studies or an Advanced degree in Sustainability.
2. At least 4+ years of relevant work experience in the business.
3. Knowledge of Climate regulations for the manufacturing/industry sector with the ability to synthesize large volumes of information into actionable insights.
4. Significant prior experience in areas including climate change with a primary focus on high-impact sectors - metals & mining, chemicals, building materials, and utilities.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience: 4+ years
Qualification : Post Graduate or Higher
Management ConsultingCSR/Corporate Social ResponsibilityClimate ComplianceConsultingESG RegulationsSustainable DevelopmentClimate Regulation AnalysisCorporate Strategy and CommunicationResearch and AnalysisBusiness Planning
©2018 Flexing It® Services Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.