The Centre for Social and Behaviour Change at Ashoka University (CSBC) is set up through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. CSBC was set up on the belief that beyond policy and supply, behaviour change is critical to achieve outcomes and this in turn requires good communication and design informed by insights. CSBC works across a number of sectors — nutrition, sanitation, family planning, financial inclusion — in the area of behaviour change. CSBC partners closely with the government to design and run programmes.
Our Client, Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) is looking for a Project Manager – to manage a health and nutrition survey that they are planning to commission in January 2019.
There are multiple channels-mass media & digital media, mid-media such as outdoor, local media such as posters, inter-personal counselling such as ASHA workers, groups such as self-help groups in addition to informal networks such as family and social groups.
The following key expected results are:-
1. How do people navigate information from these channels?
2. How do they access, engage with and trust information?
3. Insights form this research will inform the message-channel intervention ideas for each of the behaviour change programmes.
This data set is analogous to the Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS) database in the US which provides both interventionists and researchers around cancer a way to understand and tailor messaging for audiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Liaise with the consulting firm responsible for data collection to ensure the process is on track and progressing as per the agreed upon timelines.
2. Participate in field visits and coordinate with the survey team to ensure proper collection of data.
3. Conducting targeted analyses & deriving insights from the data.
4. Understand and test the emerging hypothesis.
5. Coordinating with the different partners / stakeholders and present key findings.
6. Ensuring delivery of output and closely work with the Evidence & Learning team, the Foundational Research team and the Behavioural Science team to leverage and apply learning's to the data set, as appropriate.
#The Consultant will be the primary point of contact for donors and partners for this project, and will be expected to participate in all key meetings and field visits.
1. 3-5 years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm.
2. Proven ability to conceptualize problems and solutions drawing on data.
3. Strong quantitative and data analysis skill. The candidate should have experience of managing and working with large data-sets.
4. Strong track record of leading teams to deliver results and projects on time & quality.
5. Experience leading discussions independently with senior stakeholders.
6. Strong interest in the social sector, particularly health and nutrition.
7. MBA/MS in economics, international development, management is ideal.