Our client, a social impact consulting firm, is looking to engage with an Interim HR Executive.
Work will involve:
1. Provide direction for the management of HR policies, procedures, services, and systems, including compensation and benefits, employee relations, HRIS, performance management, recruitment, and staff development;
2. Conduct a needs assessment of HR policies, procedures, services, systems, and staff resources, with recommendations geared toward the recruitment of a long-term Director of Human Resources and potential restructuring of the team;
3. Participate in the recruitment, interview, and selection process for a long-term Director of Human Resources;
4. Work with the company's Senior Manager of Talent Management on recruitment and staff development initiatives;
5. Work with Senior HR Management Team to provide HR guidance to the Directors on employee relations and performance management, with an emphasis on early identification and resolution; facilitate solutions to staff/management challenges;
6. Provide HR leadership for all benefit plans (health, life, COBRA, short/long term disability, workers compensation, unemployment and retirement) and salary administration programs including analysis of cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, internal equity and compliance;
7. Provide oversight for leadership development and key talent retention efforts, including succession planning, coaching/counselling, and professional development;
8. Encourage and advance an HR culture of collaboration and problem solving to support the staff.
This project would require Part-Time capacity with 3 days per week for the duration of 6 months.
1. Bachelor’s or Master's degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business
2. Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including PeopleSoft
4. Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
5. Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
6. Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning