Our client is a non profit organisation for human rights, looking to engage with a Human Resources consultant.
Roles and Responsibilities -
• Develop and implement robust and effective HR policies and process in the areas of Recruitment, Performance Management and Appraisal, Compensation & Benefits Management, Employee Relations, and Learning & Development
• Provide the day-to-day performance management guidance to the People Managers through coaching, career development, counselling, and disciplinary actions.
• Manage and resolve complex employee-relations issues.
• Co-create and drive key HR initiatives to create a great workplace culture
• Create a people plan for the organization taking into account the wider HR agenda and any specific people issues that may be existent within the organization.
• Provide support to Leadership team members by coaching them into thinking innovatively about their work processes and team structures with a view of improving the organization’s overall efficiencies.
• Develop programs and methods that aid in the achievement of measurable improvements in metric results and which avail actionable people management solutions and strategies
• Conduct regular meetings with the various Program Heads, builds, and develops trusted relationships with the various departmental leaderships
• Oversees and manages complex employee-relations issues, supporting formal appeals and hearings while simultaneously coaching the relevant managers on management best practices
• Coach and train leadership team members on key HR practices to ensure effective people management
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or any other related field.
• Experience: A candidate for the position will demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of working experience, preferably working as an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner. A suitable candidate will also have some experience preferably in an organization within the Not for Profit sector
• Communication Skills: The position demands constant interactions with employees, management, and stakeholders throughout the organization and, therefore, communication skills are an absolute necessity.
• Ms Office: A candidate for this position must be proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint, all necessary for the creation of not only visually but verbally engaging materials, reports, presentations, and proposals for departmental heads and management, stakeholders as well as supporting personnel.
• Analytical Skills: A candidate for this position must be capable of gathering and interpreting raw information and data, documenting findings, and drawing appropriate recommendations. From gathered information, the HR Lead must have the ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies that address complex people issues in a long-term manner.
• Interpersonal Skills: The candidate must be a helpful, calm and professional individual, have strong time management skills, have an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, have a keen eye for detail, be self-motivated working under minimal supervision, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, and demonstrate calmness during times of uncertainty.
• People Skills: The HR Lead is an individual who is able to gunner the trust and respect of employees and management. The candidate must, therefore, be a likeable and approachable individual that people are comfortable forwarding concerns to and seeking advice from, working effectively with staff at all levels within the organization.