Our client, a manufacturer and re-filler of Refrigerant gases in India, is looking for a consultant who would be responsible for coordinating the environment and social initiatives and the compliance to law and regulatory requirements of the company operating locations; and developing, implementing, monitoring organizational ESG management system.
1. Monitor the effectiveness of implementing the appropriate ESG management system (Policies, Process, Procedures, and Guides) and provide for their updating in line with changes in laws, regulations and corporate directives;
2. Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with ESG Policies, Management Plans, and Procedures;
3. Provide guidance and advice to the teams on the requirements of identifying and implementing local ESG related laws and regulations and monitor the compliance;
4. Supports the Management in driving the education, communication and implementation of the ESG management system across the company.
5. Support the leadership in developing and implementing a proper management system for improving the overall EHS performance of the company;
6. Develop and steward a robust suite of EHS related management systems in line with international standards and guidelines;
7. Implement and monitor the EHS management system, plans and safe work Procedures;
8. Coordinate implementation of the site, warehouse, laboratory and office EHS plan in accordance with company policies and procedures;
9. Provide safety practices and policy training to appropriate site, warehouse, laboratory and office personnel, and ensure relevant employees and contractors receive appropriate training;
10. Develop, implement, monitor and review the corporate emergency preparedness response plan;
11. Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are developed, documented, implemented and tested;
12. Takes part in accident/incident investigation and carries out analysis of statistics and suggesting improvement plan;
13. Conducts EHS Operational Audits, analyze EHS data and records from all countries to ensure the quality of implementation for the EHS management system;
14. May act as an ESG (Environment, Social Governance) SME (Subject Matter Expert) for external stakeholders.
15. Work with the various business regions to identify ESG related risks;
16. Develop the appropriate strategies to address the ESG risks and their potential impacts;
17. Carry out ESG risk assessments through support from local teams;
18. Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records and investigate complaints and suspected violations. Monitors follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and reviews compliance monitoring reports.
This project requires onsite support in Chennai for the duration of a year.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, with professional qualifications in ESG/EHS and Safety Management Systems, or related International Standards.
- Best to have related work experience at a multi-national company or above 5 years’ experience in Environment, Social and Governance management should be in a supervisory capacity in ESG related roles.
- Working knowledge in ESG Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, ESG Auditing Techniques, etc.
- Experience implementing OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) programs, managing emergency response incidents, implementing corrective actions, conducting or leading training in applicable OSHA areas and evaluating programs, issuing recommendations, etc.
- Good training & communication skills, capable of developing and delivering ESG related trainings indecently