Our client, a leading non-profit organisation dedicated to solving health and social problems is looking to engage with a Data Scientist consultant who can work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Apply, adapt, and/or integrate innovative and best-practice data science methodologies to support our clients and develop our products
- Own the technical delivery of projects, from proposal to planning to analytics and reporting, working closely with leadership, managers, and other scientists
- Visualize and communicate results for easy interpretation and application of insights, using graphics and layman’s language to communicate them.
- Be a source of novel ideas by keeping up to date with your domain area and exploring adaptation of new methodologies, technologies, and data sources
- Contribute to the expertise and knowledge at Surgo by sharing tools, knowledge, and processes with colleagues
- Prepare and support scientific communication to both academic and media outlets
- Identify and contribute to funding opportunities through proposals and client conversations
- Engage in constructive communication with our clients to enhance the quality of our work and satisfy project demands
- Mentor junior staff as an ardent supporter of their professional development
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.