Our client, a leading management consulting, is working with a Chemical company on a Digital Analytics project. They are looking to engage with a highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing/Operations Professional from the Chemical Industry, where he/she will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing the manufacturing/operations processes to enhance efficiency, productivity, and quality while adhering to safety and environmental regulations. Your expertise in the chemical manufacturing domain will be instrumental in identifying areas of improvement and implementing solutions that drive operational excellence and cost-effectiveness.
1. Conduct in-depth assessments of current chemical manufacturing processes, identifying strengths, weaknesses, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, engineering, and quality assurance, to gather data and insights for process analysis.
3. Utilize data analysis tools and statistical methods to assess process performance and variability, identifying opportunities for optimization.
4. Design and implement experiments to test process changes, analyzing results, and making data-driven recommendations.
5. Lead continuous improvement initiatives, applying Lean and Six Sigma principles to streamline operations and reduce waste.
6. Develop and implement process improvement projects, setting clear objectives, timelines, and performance metrics.
7. Collaborate with R&D and engineering teams to scale up new processes and technologies for commercial production.
8. Ensure compliance with safety, health, and environmental regulations throughout the manufacturing process.
9. Train and mentor production personnel on new processes, procedures, and best practices.
10. Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the progress of process improvement projects, providing regular status reports to management.
Capacity: Full-time, onsite
Location: Delhi NCR
Duration: 3-6 months
1. Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field. A Master's degree would be a plus
2. Proven experience of 5-12 years in a manufacturing or operations role within the chemical industry, with a focus on process improvement.
3. Solid understanding of chemical manufacturing processes, equipment, and technologies.
4. Demonstrated expertise in applying continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, or similar tools.
5. Proficiency in data analysis and statistical software (e.g., Minitab, JMP, Excel) for process optimization.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively with cross-functional teams.
6. Project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations related to chemical manufacturing processes.
8. Willingness to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing environment.