Our client, a leading international humanitarian organization, has supported various communities in improving public health and education across various geographies.
- Working with and empowering frontline health workers (FLHW) is a critical element to achieving the overarching goal of improving Health Equity and the Right to Health for marginalised populations; the client's US arm has set a target focused particularly on women frontline health workers whereby, 10% of all women frontline health workers are safer, healthier and have greater voice and independence in fragile and stable settings by 2025.
- The technical capacity statement and strategy to deliver on this target have been developed
- Based on an internal review, a further enhancement has been sought
- Scoping review report on FLHW empowerment, agency and wellbeing with recommendations/concept note for the client to generate or fill the evidence gaps
- Revise and finalise the technical approach document
- Revised FLHW strategy documents – update relevant slide sets in the pitch deck
- Update the accompanying narrative and the 2-page summary wherever needed
Scope of Work
1. Further analysis of the scoping review on FLHW empowerment, agency and wellbeing to inform the strategy with existing practices and available evidence; produce recommendations to fill the evidence gaps.
1. Will serve as an input to the strategy deck; develop as a long list/library of references and takeaways/evidences
2. Could be a mix of surveys, interviews and documented evidence from 3 to 5 country offices of the client, including Bihar
3. Tabulate and synthesise literature review
4. Suggestions or recommendations on further action to fill evidence gaps
2. Revise the draft FLHW strategy documents for different audiences - including donors and program technical teams - with inputs from the client's health equity division and country office teams.
1. Revise, reframe recommendations (limited to Train, Equip, Manage, Incentivize) based on evidence collated
2. Frame as a Universal strategy, not customized to local conditions
3. Create an implementation framework (schematic, etc., describing the platform/systems)
The Associate Consultant will be a part of a four-member team, led by the Project Lead to ensure that the deliverables are accomplished in a timely manner.