Our client, a leading global FMCG organization, is onboarding Planning Manager for their beauty brand. The role of Planning operations manager will be to create and lead a team with very strong growth mindset and a can-do culture of doing what it takes to win who thrives in balancing brand, consumer, customers, with the ambition to deliver a substantial step up in profitable growth of the current perimeter.
Key Deliverables include:
- Process & Technology Management:
1. E2E design and execution of Outsourcing Planning Capabilities.
2. Support Planning Processes design, execution and transition
3. Ensure process hygiene and lead technology transformation where relevant
4. Continuously seeks opportunities to automate/eliminate/consolidate processes
- Team Management , Collaboration & Training:
1. Collaborate with demand, supply and innovation planning teams for seamless delivery of planning capabilities
2. Selection and allocation of right FTEs from the sourcing partner into relevant activity
3. Develop a training program for planning and continuous improvement of Planning skills
- Digital, Analytics & Reporting
1. Define Analytics and Reporting requirements for planning and ensure delivery of the solutions
2. Ensure visibility and status updates on margin improvement and network transformation plans and program
- Talent catalyst:
1. Responsible for growing and nurturing talent including succession planning ensuring organization is fit to win short and long term
2. Key representative within organization as well as externally across various key stakeholders and organizational bodies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, finance or supply chain management.
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure with autonomy
- The ability to effectively lead and engage cross functional global teams and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to deliver results in a lean, agile organization and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding of key financials, P&L and cost to serve models