Our client, a top FMCG company, is looking for independent Product and Process Development consultant to provide consultation to Hair R&D team and extended project team on Hair Colorants development, processing, safety, handling regulatory, legal and consumer queries/ complaints.
1. Product and Process Development
a) Guide the R&D team on development of hair colorant formulations (different formats, including box color, shampoo colorants etc) in collaboration with identified 3Ps
b) Lead supplier audit ensuring best in class formulations, processing and safety measures are followed by the 3P
c) Review 3P technical data and advise on its robustness and recommend in case any additional evaluations are needed
d) Advise on performance assessment protocols, ensure the studies are conducted as per industry best practices and suggest opportunities for making competitive claims
e) Advise on labelling requirements, precautionary statements and information needed for FDA registration, in collaboration with 3P
f) Develop the framework for managing consumer concerns holistically
2. Managing Hair Colorant Consumer Safety & Queries
a) Advise R&D, SC & CQA on the protocols and practices to be put in place to answer consumer queries, complaints or adverse reactions, basis practices followed in India and developed countries, e.g. UK
b) Key output will be consumer safety assurance and compliance to regulations on same.
Please note that this is remote project with part time capacity. The person will be required to work 1-2 days a week. Also, The person may need to visit the Mumbai HO once in a while (as per requirement).
- Qualification preferred is BTech/M. Tech (Chemical Engineering), M. Pharm or M. Sc (Chemistry).
- Should have at least 10 years of experience working on Hair colourants in different formats preferably with a reputed player in Hair Color market.
- Process Development & Implementation/Technology Transfer/Production experience.
- Deep understanding of entire development process of Hair Colors beyond formulation, including regulatory, legal.
- Strong communication and entrepreneurial drive, ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and provide clear guidance on technical and project management matters.