Our Client, a leading FMCG company is looking for a Product Development consultant.
Key accountabilities of the role-
- Formulation design work for innovations to deliver superior, design to value and consumer winning products .
- Work seamlessly with other R&D functions (packaging, Consumer Technical Insights, processing, regulatory teams) to ensure delivery on assigned projects.
- Ensuring statutory regulatory & legal compliances for products & process.
- Responsible for identifying and establishing appropriate technology for manufacturing products to specification at lab-scale and pilot-scale.
- Responsible for scaling up to factory with relevant transfer of technology documentation and training factory team.
- Responsible for specification, formulation, process, pack, and Quality Assurance regimes to support / enforce these specs agreed technical action standards.
- Conduct shelf-life studies to establish shelf-life of new products and/or intervene through formulation/recipes to enhance shelf-life.
- Use appropriate analytical techniques (either existing or develop new techniques) to characterize key physical attributes of the product.
- Appreciating and engaging with marketing team constantly for insights and translating them into product properties & performance.
- Managing customer complaints (technical aspect) and appreciating their concerns.
- Anticipate assessment and minimization of environmental, safety, regulatory, PR and competitive challenges.
- Build and maintain strong networks with cross functional (Brand, CMI, SC, CQA etc) teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Pharmacy/Science. Master’s degree (Science/Pharmaceutics/Industrial Pharmacy) would be preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in formulation development or technology development (Dietary supplement/OTC products experience would be preferred).
- Good understanding of Product development Principles – formulation development for consumer-friendly ingestible dosage forms such as Functional Powders, Mouth-dissolving films, Effervescent tablets etc., material understanding, product scale up, ingredient sources and GMP.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with others, and ability to plan and execute work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to support projects with multiple external parties including contractors, research partners, manufacturing facilities, etc.