Our client, a leading global FMCG organization, is looking to engage with a Consultant for Patent Admin and Executive Assistance.
Scope and deliverables of the Project include:
-To help Patent Attorneys with the administrative and procedural tasks associated with patents and designs, including the granting procedure and the management of the portfolio and the ensuing deadlines such that the local rules and regulations are met, and deadlines can be suitably monitored.
-To carry out various other activities that are related to the job, including:
1.) Processing Patent Office correspondence
2.) Approving and inserting invoices related to patent activities
3.) Initiating and processing workflows
4.) Declare costs of patent agents preparing different official documents, such as transfer deeds for the patent rights of the inventor to the employer and between companies
5.) Signing documents or getting them signed by the authorised people
6.) etting documents notarised by a notary public and/or foreign consulate
- To help maintain the database containing information on patent and design applications and relevant rules and regulations such that official and legal terms can be suitably monitored, and users can access up-to-date information.
- Assisting the Patent Attorney
1.) File keeping
2.) Issuing new records
3.) Correspondence (incoming and outgoing)- Telephone calls and calendar management
4.) Scanning, uploading and forwarding documents
5.) Checking and controlling file related data and documents
6.) Alerting Patent Attorney in case of urgency
KEY REQUIREMENTS include:
- To obtain information from and disseminate it to patent agents and agents in the different countries;
- To harmonise with Patents Group colleagues in Europe, India and China;
- To process data and handle documents with care;
- To disseminate information with vigilance;
- To write memos and other correspondence, mainly in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint etc.).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Team Player
- Quick learner of new systems and processes