Our client, a leading FMCG company, is looking to engage with a consultant in Market Insight .
Roles and Responsibilities include :
- Develop Brand and Consumer insight / expertise; relentlessly apply this knowledge
to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across global stakeholders.
- Inspire research suppliers to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
- Become an indispensable business partner within the brand, R&D and Consumer & Market Insights teams.
Day to day activities include:
- Leading or assisting in the planning, coordination and implementation of research
activities for a brand(s).
- Leading and/or assisting in insight and idea brainstorming sessions.
- Developing research proposals, suggesting research methodologies
- Executing research studies; developing questionnaires; analyzing findings; and
- Monitoring competitors’ activities and market
- Monitor and manage research budget
- Strong understanding of research techniques
- Strong communication skills to be able to manage conversations with Business Partners and give initial recommendations
- Understands categories, brands and customers, able to grasp business issues
- Strong curiosity and initiative to run deep dive analyses into market performance results
- Knlowledge of analysing and synthesising data and information from different sources
- Inspiring and provoking a team to think differently about the target consumer
- Interest in foreign cultures is essential.
- Strong team player, yet good level of independence
- Good presentation skills and articulate
- Rigorous and with great attention to detail
- Highly numerate and adept at working with data.
- Passionate to go beyond the obvious
- Creative, open minded
- Able to adjust quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
o Proven market research experience (minimum 5 years) on either client or
o Experience of key qualitative and/or quantitative ad-hoc consumer and
market understanding techniques
o Experience of continuous data sources; including consumer panel and retail
o Experience from FMCG markets and personal care/beauty categories
preferable but not essential