Our client a finance bookkeeping firm is looking for a Financial Planning Analyst to primarily grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends and create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.
1. Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
2. Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
3. Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
4. Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
5. Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
6. Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
7. Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
8. Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
9. Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
10. Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
11. Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
12. Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence,
and valuation comps
13. Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation by creating forecasts and models
1. 3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
2. High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
3. Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
4. BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in
Accounting/Finance/Economics) - CMAs/CAs preferred for the role.
5. Strong analytical and data gathering skills
6. Good business acumen