Our client is a leading Indian business house with a presence in diverse industries. They are in the process of identifying new business opportunities to invest behind and are exploring the theme of building a portfolio of strong D2C (Direct to Consumer brands) across categories. They are looking to engage with a New Product Development consultant.
Key Deliverables :
1. Identify new market opportunities and develop new personal care product concepts to address customer and market demand- the term competition shall mean business category of Childrens’ (4-14 yrs) personal care comprising skincare, haircare, grooming, and bath & shower
2. Utilize market research, syndicated data, and consumer behavior trends to support new product ideas.
3. Work closely with Product Management and R&D to help formulate new products.
4. Provide scientific support for product innovation of new products and substantiation of product marketing claims.
5. Review new ingredients, products, and technologies to determine scientific viability and applications.
6. Compile scientific substantiation to support product marketing claims. Conduct literature searches in support of substantiation of scientific issues and claims.
7. Lead efforts to identify, source, and partner with value-added raw material ingredient suppliers.
The project would require a full-time capacity for 3 days per week for the duration of 2 months.
1. Professional experience in product development or science-related role in the personal care industry or related field.
2. Prior experience in handling the Personal Care segment in the D2C sector.
3. Able to identify a customer need based on field observations.
4. Understanding of market research techniques and ability to draw conclusions from the data.
5. Proven track record in the areas of product development and product innovation.
6. Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to design processes to increase efficiency, quality, and communication.