Our client, a leading boutique IT consulting firm, is looking to engage with an Embedded System Engineer.
1)Embedded system requirement analysis and design
2) Board level circuit design, fabrication, debug, and maintenance
i) Micro-controller and digital circuits design
ii) Power converter, regulator, analog design
iii) Amplifier and signal processing
iv) Parts selection
3) Firmware development
4) PCB layout, assembly, troubleshooting
5) Test plan, test jig, test firmware
6) Design engineering and manufacturing documentation
7) Understand and maintain existing products.
8) Other responsibilities include design review, production support and interfacing with software
and mechanical design teams..
9) Capture requirements, estimate effort, design and develop the hardware and firmware.
1) Micro-controller based firmware development
a) Mastery of micro-controllers from either TI, Microchip, Freescale, Renesas
b) Mastery in C language and use of processor emulator or in-circuit debugger
2) Circuit design experience:
a) Simulated analog and mixed signal circuits with SPICE based CAD tools (MicroCap,
Mentor Graphics AccuSim).
b) Testing board-level systems in the laboratory, using oscilloscopes, logic
3) Schematic and PCB:
a) Schematic capture, PCB Layout and routing, using Eagle or Cadence Allegro
b) RF and high speed digital Signal Integrity, Power Integrity.
4) Hand on mastery:
a) use soldering iron to build modify PCB assembly
b) use oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other lab equipment.
- Able to work independently and result-oriented;
- Prioritize and manage work to meet critical project timelines;
- Well versed in IDE tools like Eclipse, UDP, TCP/ IP
- Should have a working knowledge of RF, transmission lines and gain blocks;
- Should have a working knowledge of Lab instruments; Spectrum analyzer, LCR meter.