Our client is a leading consulting firm. They are looking to engage with a Manager who can lead delivery and has expert knowledge of products, asset classes, regulations, tools of investment compliance monitoring.
As per the UK Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) rules (Based on the implementation of the EU Markets in Financial Instruments Directive - MiFID), XXXX is obliged to take all reasonable steps for our professional clients to achieve the best possible result for them when executing orders on their behalf. The Equities Controls and Monitoring Team (ECMT) is part of the first line Controls and Assurance team. As an Investment Compliance Monitoring professional within the team, you will be required to conduct regular risk-based assessments and reporting of the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) rule exceptions generated by the Dealing Operations (DO) team, for presentation to the appropriate internal governance forums. You will communicate with Dealers and Fund Managers as required for the purpose of investment compliance monitoring.
• Support the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of the Testing Plan and the controls scoping activity
• Lead the monthly assessment of Equities Dealing Desk (EDD) FCA Conduct of Business (COBs) rule exceptions generated by the Dealing Operations (DO) team.
• Clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings and work with front office to ensure the right outcomes for clients
• Analyse Management information, documentation, Committee to derive insights and underlying themes to drive out areas requiring oversight and monitoring
• Provide appropriate challenge and support the Senior Manager on the delivery of the Plan and presenting findings to senior governance level committees and forums
• Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
• Experience in investment/fund management/asset management compliance monitoring within Financial Services, Investment firms, Big 4 Audit Firms or other Advisory or Consulting Firms
• Good understanding of the COBS / MiFID regulations
• Understanding of Equities including Futures, Options, Exchange Traded Funds, Convertible Bonds etc.
• Understanding of other financial instruments across asset classes like Fixed Income, Real Estate, Alternatives, Multi Asset etc would e a significant plus
• Understanding of UK and European regulatory frameworks that impact asset management
• Experience using BlackRock Aladdin, or alternatively Charles River, Latent Zero Sentinel or Thinkfolio
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc) skills
• Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills as well as build strong relationships and work collaboratively with teams across the business
• Experience of liaising, influencing and negotiating effectively with all internal and external parties and stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication and analytical skills
• Ability to operate remotely, in a diverse and multi-cultural environment with international work or consultancy exposure
• Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time
• Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues
• Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements and not just accepting the status quo
• Ability to be pro-active and clearly escalate when risks or issues arise.
• Strong data analysis skills and experience, able to use tools such as Excel to analyse large volumes of data to find correlations, variations and anomalies.