Our client is a leading consulting firm. They are looking to engage with a Mandate Compliance Manager who will lead the Delivery.
As a member of the Investment Mandate Monitoring Team within the 1st line Business Risk, Controls & Assurance team, you will be responsible for covering both pre and post trade mandate monitoring, ensuring investment transactions and holdings are compliant with client guidelines and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be part of the team that implements coding, monitoring and assurance of investment restrictions. The role also plays a critical role in identifying, escalating and guiding the remediation of failures to meet these obligations.
1. Monitoring investment portfolios to ensure investment guideline and
2. Reviewing, interpret and summarize investment guidelines for new mandates.
3. Ensuring proper restriction coding in Firm’s order management systems; test new
and existing investment restrictions, and ensure timely implementation of
applicable investment guideline updates.
4. Maintaining the Restricted Dealing List
5. Recording the particulars of investment restrictions which can and cannot be
automated and carrying out certain Manual Monitoring activities
6. Interacting and coordinating with Portfolio Managers, Legal & Compliance,
Operations, Technology, Sales, Operational Risk and Client Service on a regular
basis; maintain a high degree of visibility within the organization.
7. Participating in control and supervisory related projects, initiatives and
8. Administering additional control and monitoring functions, such as monitoring of
trade allocations to ensure allocation fairness.
9. Continuously broaden the scope of the current supervisory process; implement
control procedure enhancements where necessary Influences and regularly
interacts at all levels of the organization.
10. Oversight of global offices which are providing support services for Aladdin rules.
11. Representing/deputise for SMT at committees, forums, as required
12. Delivery of coding interpretation covering regulatory / guideline restrictions to the
business when required, interacting with fund managers and other front office
staff at all levels.
13. Working with stakeholders in implementation of investment guideline changes
into the BlackRock Aladdin investment guidelines monitoring system. Includes
the testing of rules before activation - Interpreting, extracting, coding, assigning
and testing investment guidelines in accordance with strict timelines
Note: This project is based out in Mumbai
1. Expert knowledge of products, asset classes, regulations, tools etc.
2. Hand on experience of processes, products, tools and regulations
3. Prior experience in investment / Mandate / portfolio compliance monitoring
within Investment firms or other Advisory or Consulting Firms
4. Experience of using investment guideline monitoring systems for pre and post-
trade monitoring, escalation of investment guideline breaches and commenting
on guideline violation reasons within the compliance monitoring system.
5. Hand on usage of BlackRock Aladdin is a significant plus. Alternatively Charles
River, Latent Zero Sentinel or Thinkfolio
6. Knowledge of security classification data, experience using Bloomberg, Reuters
7. Strong understanding of financial instruments across asset classes, including
equity, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and derivative instruments
8. Understanding of UK and European regulatory frameworks that impact
investment guideline monitoring and UCITS/AIFM/NURS/COLL rules
9. Understanding of prospectus and IMA documentation
10. Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc) skills