Our client is a leading Indian foundation with a focus on working with governments to build the capacity of heath systems and improve outcomes. Some of the priority initiatives including - partnering with NITI Aayog and MoHFW on strengthening systems in the Aspirational Districts; initiatives to improve health outcomes for tribal populations; and implementation of EHR starting from the primary healthcare level.
The client is scaling its work from 25 Aspirational Districts with a focus on the state of Bihar. In order to figure out the approach and interventions the scaled program will focus on they are looking for a consultant to help with conducting a diagnostic. This will include:
1. Analysing the performance of the focus districts on key health metrics
- trends over the last 10 years
- performance versus best performing districts (state, national)
- assessing input metrics incl. health workers, PHC/sub centre coverage etc
- analysing performance at the sub-district level where possible
2. Landscaping the health system and understanding key challenges based on the analysis and expert interviews with key stakeholders. This will include:
- analysis of the current operational health infrastructure in Bihar
- assess gaps in HR capacity and capability in health to implement the needed programs
3. Prioritising the focus areas and interventions based on - (a) analysis of outcomes (b) learnings from program implementation in the original 25 districts and (c) areas needing most attention (root causes) based on stakeholder interviews
4. Synthesising the finding and outlining the strategy to scaling up the Aspirational Districts work in Bihar
5. Presenting the findings to key stakeholders, including the government, and building alignment
Please note that the initial project duration is 3 months but could be extended to 6 months as per the requirement.
- Project experience in the public healthcare/ healthcare domain is expected.
- Strong ownership and drive, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple stakeholders while adhering to deadlines and priorities.
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with 5+ years of working with international organizations on supporting/advising the government with a focus on Bihar will be a major plus.
- Strong analytical skills and expertise to review, analyze and use quantitative and qualitative data for decision making related to program improvements.
- Critical, analytical, and structured thinker with a willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence.
- Good understanding and experience in consulting or other client-based and service-oriented roles.