Our client, an Indian Bio-pharmaceutical company is looking for an IT Service Manager who will be responsible for:
• As Service Manager for IT application support for the entire portfolio of software
applications in line with ITIL framework for routine maintenance activities, incidents, service requests, problem and change management.
• Actively oversee the day-to-day production support activities by managing the
deliverables from internal and external support analysts for IT applications across
scientific applications, manufacturing applications quality systems, ERP (SAP),
commercial systems, HR systems etc.
• Manage resource allocation, financial management and SLA reporting for IT services.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are met and applications are kept in compliance while in production use.
• Interface with project delivery teams and lead the service introduction process for
production deployment of new applications and changes.
• Lead Continuous service improvement process as a service manager and aiming to reduce incident cycle time, identify root cause via problem management.
• Implement innovative methods for productivity improvement including AI/ML, chat bots, RPA, etc.
• Manage Risks, Findings related to the application, work on remediation plans and
exceptions to be aligned with smart controls.
• Manage vulnerabilities and security patches on the application infrastructure.
• Maintain infrastructure currency for applications working in coordination with the infrastructure support teams.
• Renewal of support contracts with external partners and/or software vendors, application vendors periodically.
• Estimate the Opex financial requirements and securing the funding.
• ITIL Process, ISO 27001/ 27002, ISMS and other applicable industry standards
• Develop & Implement IT Strategy in line with corporate strategy.
• Participate in CAB (Change advisory Board) meetings as organizer/leader if applicable.
• Backup & Restore Management, Disaster Recovery Planning, Contingency Planning, Risk Assessment and business continuity planning.
• Direct IT services and technical activities across multiple sites. Identify and resolve business needs to achieve organizational goals.
• Manage strategic planning to optimize resources, improve throughputs, and enhance system performance parameters.
• Lead high performing technical team of site support Engineers, and application support Engineers.
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures. Establish key processes that ensure reliable and efficient technical services organization- wide.
• Provide senior-level technical consultations and support to Site support Engineering and System Integration & Testing Departments on all IT and networking issues.
• Maintained configuration management database, technical documentation regarding network configuration, network mapping and service records including IT Service Catalog, Service Level Agreements, and Operational Level Agreements.
• Audit compliance to the IT system and ensure investigation of non-conformance
• Conduct periodic internal audits or reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ engineering or equivalent
• ITIL Foundation Certification
• Minimum 6 to 10 years of experience in managing a portfolio of applications for
production support using ITSM tools like ServiceNow/Summit/BMC Remedy or
equivalent in an Indian Pharmaceutical or Biotech manufacturing company.
• Overall 12-15 years of work experience in Pharma or IT services.