Our Client, an Indian Bio-Pharmaceutical company is looking to engage with a strong, accomplished Data Architect who is passionate about data and can help us power and foster a data-driven culture. In this role, you will be partnering closely with feature developers, program managers and data scientists to utilize large volumes of data and translate them into actionable insights.
• Provide new and improve upon existing data platform offerings with a fundamental
understanding of the end-to-end scenarios.
• Development and deployment of new data platforms on multiple cloud technologies.
• Use cloud data services for development of Data Platforms.
• Author design documents for enterprise solutions.
• Build and maintain appropriate Architecture artefacts including Entity Relationship Models, Data dictionary, taxonomy to aid data traceability.
• Create reusable components for rapid development of data platform.
• Assist data scientists and visualization developers in developing and deploying algorithms for all analytics needs.
• Be an active contributor to evolving Data Governance practices and influence the adoption of data standards.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
• 7+ years of proven experience in architecting and implementing Cloud data lake, Data warehouse platforms, Master data Management, data integration and OLTP database solutions.
• Strong knowledge of industry best practices around data architecture in both cloud based and on prem big data solutions.
• A comprehensive understanding of the principles of and best practices behind data engineering, and the supporting technologies such as RDBMS, NoSQL, Cache & In-memory stores.
• Experience of architecting data solution across hybrid (cloud, on premise) data platforms.
• A comprehensive understanding of data warehousing and data transformation (extract, transform and load) processes and the supporting technologies such as Amazon Glue, EMR, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, other analytics products.
• Excellent problem solving and data modelling skills (logical, physical, sematic and integration models) including normalisation, OLAP / OLTP principles and entity relationship analysis.
• Experience of mapping key Enterprise data entities to business capabilities and applications.
• A strong knowledge of horizontal data lineage from source to output.
• Comprehensive experience working with SQL Server, Azure SQL, RDS, DynamoDB, CosmosDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
• Experience working with Serverless and cloud technologies: Azure Functions, AWS Lambda.
• Experience with stream processing tools (Spark structured streaming, Azure Stream Analytics, Storm, etc.).
• Experience working with Kinesis, IoT Greengrass, Azure IoT.
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design.