Our client is an American private foundation and is looking for a consultant to assist in:
(i) Prepare and Present to Seattle PST an overview of the “Private Sector Landscape in India: Opportunities and Challenges”. The focus is expected to be on RMNCH and Infectious diseases, including public health functions.
(ii) Participate in a two-day meeting in IIT, Madras to discuss the current context of PHC in Tamil Nadu and the possibilities for undertaking district level pilots on PHC financing reforms.
(iii) Review the current ASHA programme in the state of Bihar and develop a technical support plan and road map, including potential partners, to enable improvements in RMNCH and Infectious Diseases, and overall Primary Health care.
- PPT on Private Sector Landscape in India: Opportunities and Challenges
- Brief remarks and participation in a meeting on PHC financing reforms
- Report on state of Bihar’s ASHA program
1) Minimum Bachelor's degree and 10+ years related work experience
2) Knowledge of national and state issues, and the broader development context in India
3) Experience in the management of strategies, initiatives and programs related to motivating an enhanced governmental response.
4) Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
5) Analytical skills; quantitative and qualitative.
6) Excellent written and communication skills in English and Hindi.
7) Excellent relationship management.
8) Excellent project management skills.
9) Sound influencing and negotiation skills.