Our client, an edtech startup, is looking to engage the Academic Writers for their content development.
● Produce creative scripts for explained videos or interactive lessons to teach Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics concepts to students in grades 6-12.
● Structure the language to ensure an exciting, engaging, and conversational script, while paying attention to grammar, factual accuracy, and narrative flow.
● Produce academically correct scripts using a custom authoring tool on our platform, while adhering to our brand and style guidelines and pedagogical method, within strict deadlines. Training in the use of the tool will be provided.
● Brainstorm regularly with the editorial team for new ideas and strategies to build effective and engaging content for the end-users
● Copy edit text-on-screen and question content for videos and interactive lessons.
● Adhere strictly to the defined style guide and policies for script publication.
● Proofread incidental text, titles, captions, etc. before publishing the final script.
● Identify, select, and leverage appropriate media assets (pictures, graphs, 3D assets, animations, etc.) and artwork to accompany scripts.
NOTE: The selection process for this role would be:
1. Online Tests:
a) Objective Test - The test is of 30 mins duration and will be based on the subject; Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics (any one subject freelance is proficient in)
b) Subject Matter Test - The aim of this test is to gauge your writing
compatibility and it will be of 45 minutes duration.
2. Video interview with HOD
Also, it is an ongoing assignment where the Script Writer would be required to complete 10 scripts a week or 2 scripts a day which would go through a quality check process with the client which might involve iterations and will have to be approved by the team post the changes.
• Candidate should have strong English writing skills and grasp of grammar, while also understanding how much the rules can be relaxed for spoken language, and how to edit for a fun conversational style while writing.
• Candidate should have a strong command of MS Office Suite and Google Docs.
• Experience with a Content Management System or other authoring tools would be an added advantage.
• Experience in using interactive tools for teaching mathematics and science is an added advantage.
• Experience reviewing academic content for children, or any other work with non-fiction, textbooks, or academic content, is a plus.