I. Why are we doing this?
Working for a client that is building an internet enabled high-skill recruitment services company. We are helping them with competitive intelligence to understand the value proposition of companies in adjacent spaces to learn from them and get ideas for new products, features and business models.
The framework to be used is the Jobs To Be Done framework - after the assessment we expect the consultant to help define the new features / models in a "jobs" framework that identifies and contextualizes the specefic progress a user is trying to make
This assignment is not only strategy and research driven, but will also require an understanding of UI/UX to be able to pull in relevent features for the Client to understand.
Who are they serving?
* Demand side
* Supply side
* How does each stakeholder make money?
* How are they charged?
* What gaurantees are there?
* Pricing schemes
* High level summary of model
* WHAT is the offering?
* Role of data in the offering
* AI / Algorithms they use for searching for candidates+ associated test uses to see if it actually works
SLAs / productivity:
* Critical numbers on the business (supply, demand, successes
* Key clients
* How do they sell (maybe sub-point of business model)
* [check typical website traffic indicators for some indication]
* Founder background
* Size of team / roles of team
* Key tech staff (PM, CTO)
* [through website, linkedin, interviews]
Visual design ques / ideas
* Website and Google research
* Reachout to former employees (OS will have to do)
* "Blind Shopping" as a customer
* As supply
* As demand
* Actual product testing to see if it actually works as advertised
* Customer interviews?
* Expectation - structured answers to the above framework and screenshots
* Our job is to take this and make it into a referred feature or model list, rank it, then test it
* Initial judgement and ranking on what could
2. User Research Ethnography, field research, focus groups, quantitative research, surveys, participatory design, concept testing, pricing studies, syndicated research, trends
3. Conceptualization, Brainstorming, rapid prototyping, strategy articulation, use cases, persona development, product definition, ideation workshops
4. Strategy Business-case analytics, portfolio planning, branding, scenario planning, service blue-printing