Purpose: CEEW seeks to hire a consultant who will assist in conducting research for CEEW’s programme on building an ecosystem for clean energy powered livelihoods in rural India. CEEW offers an intellectually challenging and conducive work environment, with a focus on research rigour, innovative thinking, and strategic outreach.
The Energy Access team is one of the eight focus areas at the CEEW. Lack of access to energy is a barrier for households, communities, and enterprises in reaching their desired potential. CEEW has embarked on the initiative' Powering Livelihoods', in association with Villgro, with an aim to catalyse a transformation of India’s rural economy with clean energy solutions. The $3 million programme aims to provide capital, technical, and sectoral growth support to social enterprises deploying clean energy-powered livelihood appliances to help them undertake large-scale commercial deployments.
With the vision that within the next ten years DRE will be an integral part of all rural productive use applications, this programme seeks to ignite the transformation, few enterprises at a time. Powering Livelihoods programme will bridge the commercial valley of death by providing financial and capacity-building support to enterprises with field-tested technologies to undertake commercial deployment of their solutions. The scale of these deployments will be large enough to demonstrate commercial viability and make the key stakeholders take notice. Supporting commercial deployment will drive enterprise growth enabling them to establish their business model and demonstrate a track record of operations, building a wider pool of investible opportunities in the sector.
The programme aims to achieve its objectives through three key streams of activities, viz, capital support, technical assistance and sectoral growth assistance. As part of these activities, market research would be undertaken for the assessment of livelihoods appliances of the programme enterprises. We would also be engaging with sector stakeholders to understand their influence, market size, market potential and demand of these livelihoods solutions.
With this objective, we are looking for candidates who can conduct market research (primary and secondary) for some of the clean energy innovations for livelihoods.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
• Undertake market research for clean energy base livelihood appliances such as food processors, solar pumps, solar refrigerator, cold storages, fodder grow houses, rice mills, etc.
• Undertake primary research to understand prospective customers (of these products) and their ecosystem
• Prepare research outputs such as market research reports and databases including market potential, market size, etc.
• Interact with sector stakeholders to understand and estimate the market size, customer segmentation and risks for each of these products.
• Prepare research outputs like reports, briefs, market assessment frameworks, etc.