The client is seeking an energetic and resourceful Partnership and External Relations, Associate Director to support our Director in engagement with external stakeholders, more importantly from a business development lens. This position will actively engage with key stakeholders, develop high-priority board and donor content, and will be looking at increasing client's visibility amongst partners and donors. This is a highly visible role that provides an up-close perspective on what it takes to establish a global organization. It is a very dynamic role (no two days will look the same!) that requires superior organizational and people skills, as well as comfort with ambiguity and frequent changes.
Responsibilities of the AD – Partnerships & External Relations will include:
• External Engagement: Shadow and support the Director in all external engagements especially with government and key partners. Lead these engagements as and when entrusted/assigned by the Director.
• Business Development & Sustainability: Engage with potential donors and key stakeholders, identify opportunities for growing the funding base of the organizations through responding to relevant RFPs, making relevant connects in the sector and presenting client's work to generate interest amongst donors (private philanthropy, multi-lateral and bilateral organizations and corporate sector.
• Establish and manage partnerships: Identify core partners relevant to client's work, establish relationships, oversee and manage any work that client is undertaking in collaboration with partners/outsourced to the partners.
• Executive-level presentations: Create materials for key donor discussions, board meetings, and organization-wide conversations
• Oversee communication vertical: A critical piece of external relations is to help CSBC become stronger in external communication to increase visibility as a Centre of Excellence for BeSc. The position will directly and oversee the communication vertical, provide strategic guidance and day-to-day problem solving.
The above responsibilities will be carried out by working closely with the Director, the Deputy Directors and other team members.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing and Economics, Development Studies or other related fields;
• Minimum 10 years in management consulting (or similar roles), preferably with a focus in managing inter-institutional relations
• Extraordinary attention to detail with an ability to track and execute multiple work streams at once
• Demonstrated ability to self-start, work cross-functionally, and manage multiple stakeholders
• Excellent people skills with an ability to quickly earn trust and credibility with senior leaders / board members as well as team members
• Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
• High degree of comfort with change and ambiguity
• Superior written and verbal communication skills