This position will be responsible for providing support in operationalizing financial management. The candidate will have to closely work with the Director to provide data driven analysis for better planning and management of financial resources.
- Support projects’ funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents.
- Ensure complete documentation of funding awards.
- Work with project directors to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-out.
- Support budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others.
- Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion.
- Work with client's Finance team to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits and billings.
- Liaise with the Finance team and ensure that required reports and schedules are submitted by required deadlines.
- Ensure compliance standards and statutory requirements by setting up appropriate internal controls and procedures.
- Assist in other function related to finances of the Centre
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline required.
- Extensive financial management experience, with at least five years at a mid-management level
- Desirable- Experience with national or international development organization(s)
Advanced knowledge of post-award process
- Excellent knowledge about FCRA, Income Tax and GST with regards to NGO sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English)
- Detail oriented with good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and accounting related IT tools