We are looking for a Project Manager who will support our Head of Industrial Operations (HIO), the Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) and the Management Team in successfully implementing the integration of a manufacturing asset recently acquired in India.
The PM will be responsible for the successful and timely execution of key elements of the integration and the deal value creation plan, which will include a broad set of strategic, commercial, operational, organizational and financial initiatives. The PM will work very closely with the key leaders of the company, both at headquarter but mainly at country level.
The PM’s responsibilities include – but will not be limited to:
- Designing a detailed local integration roadmap with clearly defining timelines,
milestones and resources required.
- Creation and delivery of a disciplined integration strategy, process and execution
plan, including communication and trainings.
- Identify areas of risk, evaluate impact and define response strategy
- Coordinate and conduct regular local project status meetings, provide proper
summary reports, presentations and monitor budget, analyze variances and their
impact; propose mitigation scenarios.
- Coordinating with the leaders and broader team members of the various
workstreams, who will drive initiative implementation
- Acting in a "challenge and support" role vis-à-vis the workstream owners, helping
them deliver the targeted results
- Making sure the initiatives are resourced adequately to deliver their objectives
(both internal and – where needed – external resources)
- Acting as a first escalation level in resolving critical issues and involving the
management team appropriately where further escalation is required
- Working alongside finance to ensure all critical financial value creation parameters
of the initiatives are made transparent
- Support with the setting up of the India organization
- Maintain regular contact with relevant stakeholders at the HQ to ensure activities
are proceeding as per defined timelines
The PM’s role will be based in Mumbai, India and will require at least 4 days a week onsite at the manufacturing site in Gujarat for the first 90 days of the integration.
Understanding of key business processes of an organisation, particularly the industrial operations areas such as supply chain, manufacturing, procurement and quality. Understanding of IT systems and integration
Integration/Separation project experience or Carve-Out Planning and Implementation
High level of discipline; attention to details with ability to see and communicate big picture
Ability to quickly develop a strong “standing” and gaining respect within the organization at all levels
Ability to act as a catalyst for action and change whilst bringing along the team
Very good people-handling skills and organisational sensitivity; with the ability to build trusted relationships quickly; engage people and encourage collaboration
Broad set of influencing skills and ability to build consensus amongst multiple stakeholders with different interests
Track record of successfully handling demanding projects across distributed organisations where coordination of multiple parties is a must for success
Ability to challenge initiative owners in a constructive way with respect to overall feasibility and impact of initiatives
High level of motivation and determination, entrepreneurial/self-starter used to work in a dynamic environment, ideally with experience working in a private equity related environment
Willingness to travel
Mix of consulting and operational experience, ideally the latter gained in a pharmaceutical / chemicals company
Ideally background from tier 1 strategy consulting firm (at least as engagement/project manager) plus – in an ideal situation – management experience outside consulting
5+ years program and project management on large-scale implementation and/or integration projects
PMP certification preferred
Expert knowledge of project management best practice tools
Industry experience from pharmaceutical (particularly generics) or related industries (e.g., chemicals)
Value creation experience ideally within some of the following areas:
– Procurement/sourcing/make-or-buy decision making
– Operational transformation (supply chain management, lean operations