Our client, an international nonprofit global health organization is looking to onboard a National Project Manager who will work with existing project and program leaders within Public Health to develop and implement program direction based on consideration of a broad range of internal and external factors, and an understanding of the relationships between various organization program areas.
Key responsibilities includes:
• Plan program schedule – preparation of work plan and activities in project geographies along with the inputs from senior management and project team.
• Evaluate project work plan, flag potential risks, and propose effective risk mitigation solutions.
• Coordinate project activities, implementation of work plan, stakeholder meetings, liaising with technical committees, timelines, implementation, and monitoring deliverables.
• Track progress and communicate with partners and in-country public Program through regular travel and phone/email.
• Liaise with the senior management and project team to prepare to project reports, presentations, and other documentation with project teams.
• Coordinate advocacy and awareness meetings and events at the national and state level.
• Contribute to development of annual work-plans, budgets, reports, and resource mobilization efforts.
• Contribute to documentation of experience and lessons learned.
• Contribute to identification of future funding mechanisms and writing of proposals for expanding RCM (Respiratory Care Management) Program activities.
• Travel to the States for project review, guidance, and feedback.
• Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with all project partners and stakeholders.
• 10-15 years of experience in managing national and state level projects in leadership position with experience of closely working with senior state government officials.
• Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies, interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project.
• Working knowledge & understanding of project management principles and application in multicultural settings including International Public/Private Organization. Project Management Certifications like PMP, Prince 2, etc. preferable.
• Proven ability to provide strategic direction to achieve results. Experience in strategy, large-scale business transformation, stakeholder engagement, strategic and managerial leadership, business development, operations and/or program management.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute business strategies, achieving goals through market focus, innovative approaches, and entrepreneurial spirit while bearing in mind calculated risks.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade and influence others.
• Demonstrated experience of managing and delivering on timelines with tight deadlines and across disciplines.
• Proven ability to multi-task and collaborate work effectively with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels.
• Experience in projects that involve liaising with Government institutions and private sector players/corporates/healthcare providers/NGOs.
• Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
• Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.