Our client is an international, nonprofit global health organisation and are looking to engage with an expert in Entomologist who can help them provide technical assistance of entomological surveillance.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Develop and update training manuals guidelines, TORs, templates,
formats along with guidance document to states and support to the states
related to entomological studies.
- Establish coordination with other departments as per the guidelines
(Animal Husbandry, Veterinary etc.)
- Provide assistance for data collection, reporting, analysis, and other local
action pertaining to the entomology.
- Assist in coordination of various activities of the program by interacting
with all the sectors involved in the program.
- To assist in strengthening the institutional capacity of NCDC and its
- Assist formulation of a consultative joint stakeholder driven policy for One
health and assist in strengthening of One Health surveillance mechanism.
- To support the strengthening the policy framework for surveillance,
operational research, capacity building related to Centre for
Environmental & Occupational Health, Climate Change & Health.
- To facilitate the establishment of Environment Health Cell in State (UTs)
health department for monitoring, supervision and evaluation tool for
climate sensitive diseases.
- Support for the formulation of SOPs, guidelines and training manuals for
surveillance inclusive of antibiotic usage in animal livestock, hospital and
- All such tasks require to be embedded in the NCDC under the MoHFW
- Any other relevant tasks as required and assigned by ADB, NCDC,
MoHFW or the government
- M.Sc in. Entomology / Zoology preferably PhD in Medical Entomology.
- Experience of 5+ years or more in the field of entomological investigations pertaining to Zoonotic diseases of public health importance during outbreaks, zoonotic disease surveillance in including plague surveillance in India.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills.
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills, and a good network of contacts with key stakeholders.