Our client is an international, nonprofit global health organisation and are looking to engage with an Epidemiologist who can supervising, monitoring, and training State/District Epidemiologists and liaison with SSOs/DSOs.
Key Responsibilities :-
1. Organize and monitor timely collection, compilation, and analysis of
surveillance data from allotted States and take appropriate action and
give feedback to concerned States/UTs.
2. Regular visits for monitoring the implementation of NCDC’s programs.
3. Supervising, monitoring, and training State/District Epidemiologists and
liaison with SSOs/DSOs.
4. Initiate and guide outbreak investigations promptly following the Standard
5. Support effective operational integration of disease control efforts based
on the surveillance data.
6. Coordinate regular meetings of key strategic stakeholders &
collaborations and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective
implementation of the NCDC’s programs.
7. Responsible for overall technical support to IDSP and One Health.
8. To assist in strengthening the governance framework and the institutional
capacity of NCDC and its branches.
9. Strengthening of IHIP platform and integration of data of One Health,
LIMS, and Climate Change surveillance platforms with IHIP to facilitate
the data analysis.
10. To facilitate NCDC to become a Regional Hub for Genomic surveillance
in the South Asian region by strengthening the capacity of Genomic
surveillance systems under IDSP.
11. Formulate a consultative joint stakeholder driven policy for One health
and assist in strengthening of One Health surveillance mechanism.
12. To support the strengthening the policy framework for surveillance,
operational research, capacity building related to Centre for Environmental & Occupational Health, Climate Change & Health.
- Graduate in Health sciences with EIS Training Course Certificate /MD (PSM/Community Medicine) / MD (CHA) / MD (Tropical Medicine) or DNB (Social and Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine)/ Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Three years of experience in Public Health after acquiring mentioned post graduate qualifications OR Master of Veterinary Science, preferable in public health, Epidemiology, or Preventive Medicine experience.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, ability to work in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills.
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills, and a good network of contacts with key stakeholders.