Our client, an international non-profit global health organization is leading the COVID- 19 Respiratory Care Response Coordination project to support country decision-makers in the development and execution of a comprehensive respiratory care plan to meet the demands of COVID-19. The project will also pursue strategies to help prioritize and improve access to oxygen therapy and other essential equipment involved in respiratory care as an integral part of health systems strengthening, beyond the pandemic response.
Goal: Support targeted low- and middle-income countries in improving reliable access to a comprehensive respiratory care treatment package—both as part of the immediate COVID-19 response and to strengthen respiratory care systems in the long run. Consultant will conduct project activities in India.
• Global respiratory care response coordination.
• Rapid respiratory care capacity assessments.
• Supplier landscaping and outreach.
• Support of informed country-specific decision-making on procurement and use of respiratory care products.
A) Prepare Covid 19 respiratory care equipment report for India:
1. Conduct market research for respiratory care equipment’s in India.
2. Understand the utility and functioning of the respiratory care equipment’s that are to be included in the report and effectively communicate the same.
3. Identify the stakeholders involved for the respiratory care equipment’s ecosystem in India (supplier, distributors, manufacturers etc.)
4. Communicate and coordinate with the stakeholders involved, including but not limited to suppliers, distributers and government authorities.
5. Conduct an initial assessment of the supplier landscape for product of interest, and offers critical considerations for deployment and selection, a list of quality assured suppliers who service international markets, and aggregated price ranges.
6. Develop semi structured interview questionnaire and conduct interviews accordingly to feed into the report.
7. Analyze data from the interviews to establish an understanding of the supplier landscape.
8. Create a report intended to help buyers , stakeholders from government and private healthcare facilities, district, state, national authorities etc. (similar reference report is available here- https://www.path.org/resources/respiratory-care-equipment-market-report/
9. Present the findings of the report to various stakeholders and involved authorities to support improvement of procurement processes related to respiratory care equipment’s in India.
B) Program Implementation Activities:
10. Support State Nodal Officer of Punjab along with state of Maharashtra and Karnataka for conducting project related activities.
11. Coordinate program activities, including preparation and implementation of work plans, stakeholder meetings, and liaison with technical committees under the portfolio.
12. Ensure timely and appropriate implementation of project goals, proactively manage changes in scope and adopt contingency plans in a complex project environment.
13. Facilitate, coordinate, and manage evidence generated through formative process and outcome assessments.
14. Contribute to documentation of experience and lessons learned.
15. Conduct field visit as per the need of the project.
16. Ensure the collection of M&E data and regularly supervise the quality of data collected.
17. Support the states in assessing their capacity in respiratory care by strengthening existing India Covid-19 data entry portal, undertaking sample site checks for data validation in selected L2, L3 facilities, facilitating state level review meeting with facilities and develop a monthly analysis report to share with state.
18. Undertake data presentation activities that presents the analysis and information of the report in an accessible manner.
19. Support in undertaking training need assessment and capacity building activities of human resources for health for oxygen management under the project.
20. Support state procurement agencies/department for identification of appropriate respiratory care equipment as and when needed.
21. Any other support as needed under COVID- 19 Respiratory Care Response Coordination project and to meet organization goal and objectives.
• Masters’ degree (MBA/MPH/MHA/PGDM/PGDBA/ Biomedical engineering etc.) with minimum of three years’ experience and demonstrated skills in communication for public health and related programs.
• Work experience related to respiratory care equipment’s and market research will be preferred.
• Strongly prefer excellent writing skills and experience with project coordination and implementation of different qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Ability to present in public forum.
• Previous experience of working in cross-functional teams (or a matrixed organizational structure).
• Strong communication skills, capacity to understand situations, project scenario and translate effectively into communication collaterals for stakeholders and partners.
• Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Excellent MS Office skills (especially Word, and PowerPoint).