Our client, an independent non- profit trust, is pitching for a project aimed at expanding the coverage and penetration of financial inclusion in Kenya. The project involves segmenting and better understanding the 'excluded' cohorts and developing strategies to enable access to financial products to these cohorts.
The client is looking for a Consultant with data analytics and segmentation expertise to work with their team to successfully implement this proposed approach.
Roles and responsibilities would include-
• Identify key segmentation variables for target phenomenon of interest.
• Conduct data analysis and segmentation of the financially included and excluded in Kenya, with a particular lens on women and youth and in the wider meso and macro context.
• Run alternative iterations / algorithms for finding the most useful common segmentation approach. Choice of final algorithm must also be suitably motivated.
o across 3 unique survey datasets that cover the same population types
o across 3 waves / incidences for each of these 3 surveys
• Recommend best methodological segmentation approach for one survey’s upcoming survey round based on historical surveys.
• Refine the final segmentation approach and write up into a document, based on the actual data collected.
• Brainstorm over at least 4 separate sessions, appropriate interventions for targeting each of the identified segments, as well as barriers and other issues to succeeding in such targeting.
• Develop a general framework to understand and segment the financially excluded, identify drivers of exclusion, communicate the results, and guide policy makers and FSPs in applying the results and insights.
The project starts from November and will require intense work in the initial 2 months and around April when new data is expected. The work can be delivered remotely and may need 1-2 trips to S Africa/Kenya.
1. Deep expertise in data analytics and segmentation is required.
2. Ability to apply advanced analytics algorithms on raw data and derive insights
3. Ability to problem solve with senior stakeholders and present articulately
4. Strong data analysis and report-writing skills
5. Comfort with doing hands-on research & data analysis