Our client is a leading organization in the development space and is looking to engage with a consultant to help them build strategy to strengthen their partnerships with the private sector in India. This role will report to the Senior Advisor for Private Sector Partnerships at the India Country Office.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding complex challenges and systems
- Strong relationship management & collaboration skills building trusted relationships within and outside the organization
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, especially with technical experts
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work through a complex and ambiguous task, effectively communicating challenges and obstacles
- Ability to absorb and quickly distil large amounts of information, extracting critical data and evidence to convey complex information using supporting narratives and visual representations; comfort with research methodologies is a bonus
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, curating for executive level audience
- Ability to be independent and work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture, and distance
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Commitment to the foundation’s core values, mission, and programs
- Experience working in a matrix environment preferred
- Passion for identifying market-based solutions to systemic problems
- Basic understanding and familiarity with financial structures such as equity, debt, impact and social bonds, blended finance, etc. would be desired
- Prior knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas – healthcare, financial services, agriculture, livelihoods – would be ideal
- Some understanding of gender equality frameworks and working with low-income communities would be ideal, but not required
- A graduate degree in business or development or equivalent degree with ideally 5+ years of experience.
- Prior experience of working in the private sector in one of the four focus areas (healthcare, agriculture, financial services, women’s livelihoods), is preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in consulting, advisory, business development/partnerships or impact investing.