Our client is an American private foundation and is looking for a consultant to assist in strategy formation for the Energy Sector for India’s G20 Presidency.
- Specialist will be attached to dedicated G20 working groups and would develop concept notes/issue notes/background documents, themes and key priorities in the Energy sector for India’s G20 forthcoming presidency.
- Would need to prepare draft outcome documents for the G20 meetings, and to help with negotiation process and negotiation strategy, including live drafting of documents during negotiations.
- Develop knowledge on the state of play on issues discussed in G20 working Group and to work towards proposals that would garner consensus in G20.
- Responsible to cover meetings and perform liaison duties with various Line Ministries/Departments of GoI, Think Tanks, International Organizations and G20 member & invitee countries etc.
- Research and document work for the G20, in the run up to and during India’s G20 Presidency including assessing key issues, country positions in a global context.
- Applicant should possess a Ph.D or higher qualification from a reputed Indian or International Institution in the field of Energy or related discipline.
- Candidate should have experience of participating in international meetings involving international debates and round tables on Energy related issues or similar global exposure (must-have)
- Candidates should possess good writing and analytical skills and have experience in policy making and policy advocacy.
- Experience in speech writing, analytical writing, and preparing negotiation strategy.
- Should possess good speaking skills in English and any other foreign language.
- Candidate should be proficient in required computer applications
- Experience of handling/providing consultancy on G20 related issues will be good-to-have.