Our client, an American multinational manufacturer of confectionery and pet food is looking to engage with a Consultant.
1. The role(s) will be supporting the Global Logistics Procurement team by providing business and market intelligence, management of data and analytics, and tracking/reporting of metrics:
a) Typical internal analyses and tasks include spend analysis and forecasting, savings analysis, supplier information gathering and analysis, pricing and contract analytics, benchmarking, compliance to sourcing strategies and tender bid analysis
b) Typical external analyses include market, economic, and other research data, inflation, productivity analysis, supplier identification
2. Conduct macroeconomic and category spend analysis utilizing data from Mars’s spend analytics tools and external market data.
3. Partner with Category managers to conduct opportunity assessment and stakeholder engagement to expand procurement influence into new spend areas
4. Conduct market and supplier research to enhance and inform sourcing and negotiation strategies
5. Cull insights from the analysis, consolidation and scoring of vendor proposals, and make recommendations to Category Managers and business partners.
6. Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
7. They will do this by using data visualization tools on complex data sets and interpreting mathematical models such as graphs, tables, metrics, and schematics to provide insights to Category teams, Business partners, and BD leadership
8. Manage projects related to KPI development/improvement.
9. Prepare recommendations and alternatives based on analysis of the business to standardize or make processes more efficient and/or reduce costs.
10. This role will play an important role in supporting complex strategic sourcing projects, including market and supplier research, RFP project management, and analytics support. Continually challenge the status quo, think differently and push boundaries.
11. Work with the regional category team on the annual sourcing plan
12. Develop and maintain standardized performance metrics and tools that the regional buyers and use and leverage.
Duration -12 months (Full time)
Location - Preferably in Bangalore, however other locations considered.
• University degree (i.e., Bachelor) in engineering or business/ economics / finance / marketing / computer science
• Advanced degree (i.e. Masters) in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, or MBA highly desired
• 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience; specifically in Logistics
• Experience in Global Ocean Transport highly desirable
• 5+ years of project leadership, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects that require frequent communication, organization and time management.
• Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization, and works easily in multi-business unit project settings; able to facilitate teamwork across corporate boundaries.
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
• Advanced analytical and financial skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distil and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
• Fluent in English