Our client is an alternative investment manager focused on life sciences that has been asked to build a portfolio of pharmaceutical products for a new generic company based in Saudi Arabia with export potential across the GCC. The company is sponsored and funded by the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund.
The portfolio in question comprises of about 60 molecules both small molecules and biologicals.
The responsibilities of the consultant will include-
- For each molecule/product, determine whether the product is patented and registered at the Saudi Patent Office and the GCC Patent Office.
- Ascertain the nature of the patent (product, process, use,..) with the purpose of judging the ease of enforceability and strength of the patent.
- Effectively present the conclusions to the client.
- A strong IP and IP research background
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred
- Knowledge of/Prior experience of working in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia in similar capacity is preferred.
- The consultant should have strong analytical skills to analyse large amounts of information and strong communication skills to effectively present the findings.