Our client provides tech-driven solutions for every step of the farming lifecycle, from inputs, machines, and advisory to markets, finance, and social, to boost yield and income.
They are keen in assessing the attractiveness of sub segments in the global agriculture marketplace sector where the client can create value based on its existing capabilities. The sub sectors that they are keen to explore are as follows :
1. Retail Marketplace for inputs (B2B)
2. Trade Marketplace for agricultural outputs (B2B)
3. Farmer Input marketplace (B2C)
4. P2P Marketplace (C2C)
The suggested sub segments could be as a combination of relevant geographies ( India, South Africa, Australia, Costa Rica, SE Asia ) and products.The assessment of attractiveness should be based on market analysis and competitor landscape review.
Key Responsibilities :-
1. For the 4 sub sectors, segmentation by relevant products and global geographies.
2. For each segment assess market and competitors :-
a. Market sizing and identification of pockets of opportunities
b. Competitive landscape review including, but not limited to,
i. business model, value proposition, capabilities, challenges
ii. size (#users, traded volume, financial), market share
c. Key risks including regulatory, market structures etc
3. Overall direction of agriculture marketplace industry for the next 3-5 years.
1. Experience of having done similar projects in market intelligence for AgTech.
2. Familiarity with the agriculture landscape in the target geographies will be a plus.
3.Strategic mind-set and analytical skills.
4.High performance and quick learner.
5. Strong written and verbal communications skills with good proficiency in using basic MS office tools and very strong in excel and PPT skills