Our client, a Social Impact Consulting Firm, is looking to engage with a Senior Program Management Consultant who will lead Program Design and delivery while working towards achieving sustainable, transformational change at scale by working in a way that strengthens Health systems and various Stakeholder capabilities to improve Family Planning/ SRH care outcomes within the country.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Set a distinctive strategic vision and provide thought leadership for
Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) portfolio for Women’s Health and Livelihood Alliance (WOHLA) Teams.
- Ensure that WOHLA programs integrate innovative methods and promote state-of-the-art technical approaches that reflect the latest evidence, best practices, emerging priorities, and trends in the field of FP/RH.
- Strengthen WOHLA leadership for expanding the basket of contraceptive choices, quality assurance, gender, strengthening health systems, social and behavior change communication, and total market approach that address issues related to RH and FP in the public and private sector.
- Design and strengthen the Program design and management support
for FP/RH programs supported by WOHLA.
- Design, implement, and evaluate sound and cost-effective interventions aimed at increasing the use of quality family planning services expanding contraceptive choices, and addressing gender norms through WOHLA’s various projects.
- Lead the development, adaptation, testing, and mainstreaming of best/good practices in needs assessment, project design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and research.
- Work with the program implementation team to make sure every project is implemented (and developed) has a Log Frame or Results Framework.
- Establish and lead the detailed process for tracking the program and the delivery against the set objectives, build key performance indicators and milestones, coordinate with various stakeholders strategize the implementation plan, and define the role of various stakeholders.
- On a regular basis assess the effectiveness and theory of change, strategy, and approach related to FP \ SRH and suggest improvements and strategic direction.
- Provide recommendations on the design of new research and innovations in the context of FP/RH.
Note: This is a 12-month (s) project-based role (with a scope of extension) that requires Full-time/ part-time (20+ hours a week) Onsite - Hybrid support in Mumbai/Delhi NCR.
1. A Masters Degree in Public Health or Master of Medicine in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is highly desirable.
2. In-depth knowledge of Public Health issues in one or more of the following:
Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Adolescent Health, Maternal and Child Health, Gender.
3. Must have in-depth professional-level knowledge of development principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to managing FP/RH programming in India.
4. Familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures (highly preferred), or those of other donors, Donor funded projects, community- based projects, or Corporate social responsibility projects.
5. Understanding of private sector market-based models, total market approach, Social Marketing.
6. Ability to function with a high degree of independence and latitude with respect to policies, programs and issues related to his/her area of expertise.
7. Familiarity with USG FP/RH compliance and regulations, and gender policy.
8. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills.
Additional skills (preferred):
1. Familiarity with global initiatives such as FP2020/2030.
2. Established relationships with FP/RH thought leaders to facilitate access to emerging approaches and to identify appropriate leverage opportunities across program portfolio.