Our client, a non-profit technology organization, is looking to engage with a Marketing Communications Consultant. The Consultant will support in executing all facets of the integrated marketing and communications campaigns, including social media, membership campaigns, PR, and events. This role will work closely with the Partner for Marketing and Communications and the Membership team to define the strategies and execute the tactics needed to create greater awareness of the company and engage with its multiple audiences. The individual will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders globally.
This is a hands-on role that requires excellent writing, web content creation, and project management skills.
i) Plan and execute multiple projects concurrently.
ii) Partner with Marcom colleagues to identify content needs and then manage the development and maintenance of online and offline communication assets. Writing and project management deliverables span the Marcom mix: Web copy, Website CMS management, Blogs, Brochures/flyers, Stakeholder communications, Employee communications, Invitations, Event programs, Short reports, Press releases, and PowerPoint presentations.
iii) Consistent and regular creation and management of social media content for LinkedIn, Twitter, and other platforms.
iv) Support the development of graphic design, photography, and video projects.
v) Fact-checking and proofreading.
vi) Track and report on Marcom department metrics.
vii) Potential to lead events in their entirety.
This project requires Part-Time capacity for the duration of 3 months (extendable)
- A minimum of five years of marketing communications experience. Agency or digital newsroom experience is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, especially as applied to social media and short-form content. The candidate’s experience must include management of programs targeting specific audiences and communicating a story or message.
- Ability to use off the shelf programs to create social media content
- Proficient proofreader
- Demonstrated talents in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of digital platforms– from web sites and mobile to social networks and blogs.
- Familiarity with and skills at drafting press releases.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Experience with HTML and website CMS.
- Highly collaborative and supportive style. Capable of building relationships and influencing the opinions of others.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s core values, mission, and programs.